BRAD LINDELL, Ph.D.
FOR COMMUNITY MEMBERS AND TEACHERS
EMAIL WHEN THIS WEBSITE IS UPDATED
HERE FOR DETAILS
INFORMING THE COMMUNITY
SUPPORTING THE COMMUNITY
October 15, 2015
CONNETQUOT TEACHERS ASSOCIATION COMMENDED
BY NEW YORK STATE UNITED TEACHERS ASSOCIATION
Anthony Felicio, jr. (l), CTA President received the prestigious Community Award from Peter Verdon, the Regional Staff Director of NYSUT on October 13th.
Bohemia, NY --- Connetquot Teachers Association (CTA) President Anthony Felicio, Jr., was delighted to announce at the organization’s October 13th meeting, that the New York State United Teachers (NYSUT) Association had recently commended the organization, again, for its community service! Peter Verdon, Regional Staff Director of NYSUT, attended the October 13th meeting to congratulate Felicio, and the entire organization, and present the awards. This is the third consecutive year that NYSUT has singled out Connetquot teachers for their outstanding contributions to the community.
After receiving the awards from NYSUT, Felicio addressed his membership to say, “I would like to thank, and congratulate our Public Relations coordinators, Lisa Manzo, Joanna Zalewski and the entire organization, for their efforts on behalf of this community. Our teachers not only give back to this community, every day, within our schoolhouses, but also give back before and after the schoolhouse bell rings. I am fortunate and proud to lead the most caring, compassionate and thoughtful group of professionals.”
Manzo and Zalewski were singled out for organizing so many of the programs that the CTA supports, and serve as liaisons with the community for any support it might seek from the teachers association. Rob Bachisin also received an award from NYSUT for his work in maintaining a comprehensive, and ‘Most User-Friendly Website’, for CTA news.
Over the years the CTA has been deeply involved in supporting individuals and organizations within, and outside, the community Examples of the CTA’s community service contributions include:
- Hurricane Sandy Relief, establishing an Emergency fund to assist families throughout the district
- Working with Habitat for Humanity, building homes and helping to raise funds for the organization
- Adopting the Cohalan Children’s Center at the Central Islip Courts, and providing snacks, drinks, books, clothing, coats, gloves, diapers,
everything and anything - to support the children who are cared for at the center, while their parents are in court
- Supporting organizations such as: Make a Wish; Bohemia Historical Society; Rotary Club; Veterans of Foreign Wars; Ride for Life (Lou Gehrig’s disease); sponsorship of local youth sports teams; raising over $1,000 for the ASPCA; Making Strides Cancer Walk; Lakeland and Bohemia Fire Departments; Connetquot Foundation for the Advancement of Children (CFAC); Birthday in a Box; Community Ambulance; American Legion
- The CTA has provided over $12,000 in scholarships to Connetquot High School graduates, and financially supports residents who have experienced unexpected tragedies
CTA President Tony Felicio, Jr., is extremely proud of the generosity, and willingness of his membership to assist the needy in the district. “I am proud and honored, to accept these awards on behalf of the membership of the Connetquot Teachers Association.”
Rob Bachisin (far right) receives the ‘Most User-Friendly Website’ Award from NYSUT representative Peter Verdon, as CTA President Tony Felicio, Jr., and VP Dr. Brad Lindell look on.
(photos by Joseph Maniaci)